Europa Editions again. Translated from the Italian. Truly a novella. Just a shade over 100 pages. Thus my clipped sentences. Set in Fascist Italy at the very end of World War II as the Allies move up from the south. A murder mystery with Italian flair. Very little World War directly involved. Giancarlo Giannini with his brooding demeanor would be perfect for the cinema role of Commisario DeLuca. I practically inhaled this book. Great for the beach or cardio machine. Thanks again to the Highlands Ranch Library for the free read. Broaden your horizons. Read a book by a foreigner.
Search this blog.
- Someone told me it’s all happening… June 12, 2018
- Antrim Park, Columbus OH June 5, 2018
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison, book review (audiobook and written) June 4, 2018
- Columbus interlude… it’s GREEN June 1, 2018
- Lapham’s Quarterly Spring 2018: Rule of Law, review pt. 2 & final May 15, 2018
- Lapham’s Quarterly Spring 2018: Rule of Law, review pt. 1 April 5, 2018
- Lapham’s Quarterly Special Issue: A History of FAKE NEWS March 28, 2018