Europa Editions again. Translated from the Italian. Truly a novella. Just a shade over 100 pages. Thus my clipped sentences. Set in Fascist Italy at the very end of World War II as the Allies move up from the south. A murder mystery with Italian flair. Very little World War directly involved. Giancarlo Giannini with his brooding demeanor would be perfect for the cinema role of Commisario DeLuca. I practically inhaled this book. Great for the beach or cardio machine. Thanks again to the Highlands Ranch Library for the free read. Broaden your horizons. Read a book by a foreigner.
Search this blog.
- Lapham’s Quarterly Winter 2018: States of Mind, review pt. 2 and final February 7, 2018
- Lapham’s Quarterly Winter 2018: States of Mind, review pt. 1 January 20, 2018
- Sunset, Spirits, Tatanka stirs the clouds? November 20, 2017
- Lapham’s Quarterly Fall 2017: Music November 18, 2017
- Take A Hike. The End Of Autumn (nearly). October 18, 2017
- I’ll See Your Yellow Aspens… October 8, 2017
- Scotland/Ireland 2017 – #11.1 September 3, 2017