She’s smart, very smart. She’s good looking. She has a supremely acerbic, acidic, wryly humorous wit. She’s in love with herself I suspect. I know I am. In love with myself that is, or very very fond of at least. A healthy dose of egoism along with a pinch, dash, or splash of egotism might do us all a bit of good. My motto (one of many) the last few years is that I’m contributing to my fellow man by taking care of myself, at my own expense and not someone else’s. Rational self-interest. But I digress.
I’m FINALLY finished reading her most recent book (2009) Guilty: Liberal “Victims” and Their Assault on America. (She has a new as-yet untitled book coming out this June.)
Her books, from Wikipedia:
- Coulter, Ann H. (1998). High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton. Washington, DC; Lanham, MD: Regnery Pub. and distributed to the trade by National Book Network. ISBN 0895263602. OCLC 39380711.
- Coulter, Ann H. (2002). Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right. New York, NY: Crown. ISBN 1400046610. OCLC 49673076.
- Coulter, Ann H. (2003). Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism. New York, NY: Crown Forum. ISBN 1400050308. OCLC 52133318.
- Coulter, Ann H. (2004). How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter. New York, NY: Crown Forum. ISBN 1400054184. OCLC 55746549.
- Coulter, Ann H. (2006). Godless: The Church of Liberalism. New York, NY: Crown Forum. ISBN 1400054206. OCLC 69594152.
- Coulter, Ann H. (2007). If Democrats Had Any Brains, They’d Be Republicans. New York, NY: Crown Forum. ISBN 9780307353450. OCLC 156784826.
- Coulter, Ann H. (2009). Guilty: Liberal “Victims” and Their Assault on America. New York, NY: Crown Forum. ISBN 9780307353467. OCLC 230728938.
The titles alone give you an idea of her “Conservative” wit, with a capital C.
GUILTY is one of the first “political current events” books I’ve read, though as a well-referenced and fact-packed litany of liberal media invective toward conservatives it will remain informative for a long time. Some of my other reads in this current, well-footnoted, still timely genre include:
State of Emergency: The Third World Invasion and Conquest of America (August 22, 2006) ISBN 0-312-36003-7
America Alone: The End of the World as We Know It (2006, ISBN 0-89526-078-6) by Mark Steyn
Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, from Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning (ISBN 0-385-51184-1) January 2008 by Jonah Goldberg
GUILTY is not that long (265 pages not counting footnotes) but I felt like it was going to take forever to get through it (just a little over 2 weeks of intermittent reading while fussing with a broken ankle actually). It is such a thorough, heavily footnoted catalog of the Dominant Liberal Establishment Mass Media’s (Mike Rosen’s term, not Ann’s) assault on Conservatives that it quickly becomes somewhat mind numbing. The book generally covers the period from the Clinton Administration through the election of Obama in 2008.
What stunned me was the pervasiveness of her proven liberal bias throughout the media and liberal establishment. Have I been a recluse? Living in a shell perhaps, or with my head in the sand? Perhaps I’ve just been swayed by Ann’s assault on the liberal assault and she brainwashed me. More and more these days, not only because of books like this, I feel like I’ve awoken in a foreign country, like uhhh, say, Siberia! Definitely not a free country. Over regulated, over taxed, over nannied. Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelli… Scotty? Scotty!?!
You go girl!